Choose an Agent
Why Should You Choose Us? You may opt to sell your property independently. However, there are many excellent reasons why you should choose us to assist you in this undertaking. We will ensure that you maximize your opportunities in the current real estate market. With our extensive contact networks, my team and I have developed over a long period of time and the many national and international organizations, of which we are members, as well as our current and past clients, we will employ the most effective marketing and advertising strategies for your property. We will also guide you through the complicated stream of paperwork, from the initial agreement to the final documents at closing.
What To Look For In An Agent: The following are a couple of factors to keep in mind when looking for a listing agent:
1. Education. The most important factor in choosing a real estate professional is their educational background within the real estate industry. We are continually learning and committed to a level of mastery; "good" just isn't good enough, we stive to be "excellent" at everything we do. As an example, Vickie is among a small percentage of agents who have demonstrated their commitment to excellence by completing the MCNE (Master Certified Negotiation Expert) program and earning her designation. (See directory of agents who have completed the MCNE program.)
2. Experience and Expertise. You want a full-time agent who is familiar with your area and with the type of property you intend to sell. Does he or she employ a diverse range of marketing and advertising skills and strategies? How tech-savvy is your agent? How many similar properties has he or she been able to sell in the past?
3. Availability and Commitment. Your agent should be capable of prompt and decisive action during the course of selling your property. Does your agent make a point to keep in touch with you consistently? Can your agent easily be contactacted in case of emergencies or even for the simplest questions? Is your agent available on the weekends or in the evenings when most buyers are out looking?
4. Rapport. Does your agent take the time to listen to your goas and clarify your needs? Can your agent understand your unique situation and be genuinely concerned about the outcome of the process? Your listing agent will be your guide and partner in this crucial decision, so it is important to find one with whom you can not only just "get along," but someone who will be your advocate and partner in getting your home sold.
5. Does Your Agent Have a Plan? Does your agent have a plan? Does he or she share a plan with you for getting you home sold; including what preparations need to be done before putting your home on the market to net the highest price? Does he or she use a professional photographer? Where will they advertise your property? What listing services will be used?, how many sites will your listing be syndicated to? What does their team look like? What does his or her marketing material look like, is it professional and compelling? What is his or her pricing strategy? Does he or she provide a written estimate of your estimated net proceeds?
What is Your Property Worth? Without a professional agent, most independent property sellers tend to either over or underestimate the value of their property. Either way, as a result, they end up netting less money in their pocket in the end. You can avoid this pitfall by consulting with an experienced real estate listing agent.